Thursday, July 23, 2009

the love of a child

So, yesterday I was working with a little girl in my class. Everything was great.. we were just going along doing a lesson and suddenly big crocodile tears started falling on her paper. Now, this is one of the most reserved kids I have, so I knew something must be TERRIBLY wrong. I asked her and she said it was nothing. We worked a little while longer and she suddenly threw herself into my lap and took to sobbing. It took a little prodding, but finally she said (and I swear this is a quote)..

"my Mommy won't let me buy you a bump-it"
Trying not to laugh I told her I didn't need a bump-it and that it was going to be fine. Then she said "but how will you know I love you if I can't buy you something that you really really want?"
This led to a whole discussion about equating buying things with love blah blah blah. So anyway after much discussion- I think she understands I don't really want a bump-it. There you go, dear readers- a cute and funny and sweet kid story all rolled into one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one of the best stories I've heard in a while...
Mandy D.

Jackie said...

Precious....of all things to want to buy. Isn't it funny how children think.

momma said...

are you sure, really sure that you don't want a bump-it