Monday, July 6, 2009

the dinner party

For the next day or so- or until I have caught up with this blogging- just keep scrolling down to make sure you get all of the news that is fit to print.

On Thursday night, my cousin Shane and his sweet wife Maggie invited Mr. D. and I over for dinner. We were so excited to go eat with them. They have a new house and we got to see it. It is SO cute!! I just loved everything my eyes fell on. One things Mr. D. loved was their under cabinet lighting and now he has the bug for wanting that in our house. One thing I loved was that their bathroom counter has a built in vanity with a little stool to just sit on and get ready. They are expecting a sweet little (I am thinking boy, but we will see) in December. Here is a picture of the awesome kabobs that we had. MMMM!!! We also had salad, and hash brown casserole. For dessert we had a really good dish that looked like banana pudding but had blueberries and strawberries in it instead of bananas. It was so yummy!!


Another cool thing about Shane and Maggie is the fact they have not 1 but 4 dogs. Amos, Clarence, Mabel and Clyde. This was the part that amazed me the most- when it was time to eat, they all ran in to their respective food bowls. It was so orderly. I loved it.

We had fun with Shane and Maggie and hope to get together with them again soon. Brady was especially appreciative of his "treat bag" of Front Line and Heart Guard from Dr. Shane. It is awesome having a vet in the family!!!

No comments: