I have determined that I am nesting for Meredith. Why else would I have woken up at 1:30 this morning with full energy and an overwhelming urge to update my blog to fulfill my Thursday 13 from yesterday? OK Mere, I did my part- now bring forth the baby.
It is only natural that I am nesting for Meredith since Henry is my baby also. Just like Perrin is her baby, and Kaleigh and Donovan are mine. Rylee is my baby, and Alice, Eden.. all of the other children I hold so dear to me. I feel the same way about "new baby" (Shane and Maggie's) coming in December. Even if I am never a mother, (GASP!!) it is not lost on me how fortunate I am to have so many wonderful children in my life. Children who seem to love me almost as much as I love them.
I have felt very connected to Meredith throughout her pregnancy because after all, I am expecting as well. The only difference, really, is that she has a due date and I do not. With adoption, there is a lot of waiting and wondering. It is just part of the fun- the not knowing. But, I do know that I have as many hopes and dreams for Henry as I do for my own baby(ies?). I imagine them being cousins- in the way that I was so very blessed to be with Kim and Shane. I imagine them looking forward to seeing each other, playing together, family vacation and maybe even going to camp together one day. I imagine such a special friendship for them... one day. I am overwhelmed with excitement for his arrival and know my eyes will tear up the first time I lay eyes on his sweet face- just like they did for Donovan, Kaleigh, Parker, Caleb, Ellie, and Rylee. I will have that same feeling, the feeling as though my heart could explode with love for him. So, what are you waiting on Henry?? There are so many people just waiting to love you. Everyone is ready to do their part in helping to create an amazing life for you. Henry, I know your Mommy's womb is nice and cozy, but it's time to come out already. Let's get the fun started!!
3 comments:
It is good to know that Henry will have a cousin at Sea Gull. Maybe that will put his mother at ease. We look forward to sharing the time with AS and UP as well as being an Uncle and Auntie to your lil one.
All I can say is tears in my eyes.
You said it exactly right... if I'd never had Henry, I would still feel so blessed to be Perrin's aunt. Thank you for loving Henry like that too!
We wait expectantly and excitedly for yours.
and how lucky all of the present and future children are to have you in thier lives!
Post a Comment