Sunday, July 26, 2009

cleaning out my phone

This weekend I cleaned out my phone's pictures. Here are some camera phone pics I thought you might enjoy.

Our phone contract is ending soon, which means we have to use or lose our phone credit towards a new phone. This is a picture of me impersonating what I thought I would look like on one of the bigger BlackBerry phones. I currently have the Pearl. In actuality it is one of those trivia machine at a restaurant.


This is my latest passion. If I could only eat one thing in the whole world- I would choose one of these little cake bites. In fact, I love them so much that I took Mr. D. and Karen there on Saturday. We each got 2. Mr. D. popped the whole thing in his mouth in one bite and I forbid him to eat his other one since he didn't savor it like it deserved. I am serious folks- they are that good. I asked about getting my birthday cake from here (late August) and the lady said that they were booked up and that we should have ordered it months ago. Anyone who comes to town- please know I will take you to get these little cake bites. But, you BETTER savor it or I won't let you have another. (OK- I totally gave in and let him eat the other one.)



This is a picture of Caleb playing hide and seek at a new Italian place that opened up near our house. We went to dinner with them on Friday night to try it out. Below is a picture of Parker with his slice of cheese which is bigger than his head.
I had my cooking camp last week. They made recipes I had never tried before- and I haven't heard if they liked them or not yet. If you're interested we made this, this and this. I did try the corn and it was SO yummy. I will definitely be making that recipe again. I didn't try the other two recipes. Anyway, in addition to all of this, they made cakes and decorated them "professionally" with the decorating tips, fun icing and the works. Here are their creations.
2nd grade boy

3nd grade boy

6th grade boy

1st grade girl







Here is Kate showing off our classroom's new aquarium. It is incredible and amazing. The kids are learning to treat is respectfully- and I think it is a great addition to our incredible classroom.
Mr. D. had to meet us to help us get it in the building and set up. He brought Brady.




I thought this was cute and brilliant all at the same time. We have a child in my room who we made "responsible" for the aquarium. He created this weekly check list of his responsibilities. This represents his 5 days of the week and from top to bottom it is.. feeding (5 pinches), check the thermometer, check if it is clear or cloudy (I love the lines that look like flames for cloudy) and then to turn off the light before he leaves. How creative!

This is another cute thing from my classroom. I loaned one of the little girls a book about New York since she is going on a trip there next week. It wouldn't fit in her cubby so I told her she could put it on top of the cubbies. Later, I walked by and saw a note she had left that said "Dad- Pick it up"- this cracked me up!



We also have a new view master. I must admit I am still as fascinated by it now as I was as a child!

I went to someone's house this week and they had a automatic lawn mower. I was fascinated by this.

Here is a picture of something cool that happened this week. I was randomly walking down the sidewalk when Alice and Eden rode by. It was a treat to get to see them. I just love these little ladies.
This is the vase I bought at the tag store- and I put these water bead in it. I think this is a very cool looking thing in my bathroom.
Hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to know the name of the cake place! Can you share?
Mandy D.

Sandy D. said...

Pastry Arts-- Homewood.
Get the vanilla-- and just close your eyes and ears when she says the total. Hand over your debit card and remain unaware of the cost.

momma said...

I will be in town (Hoover) on Monday (7a - 8p)7/27. Then again on Friday, Saturday, Sunday(7a-8p) 7/31, 8/1, 8/2. I would LOVE to have some of that wonderful looking CAKE! Please! Please! You can even call me and tell me to come to the parking lot to get it! It looks soooooo goooood!