Wednesday, July 8, 2009

back to (back) blogging

I asked Keith tonight- which did he think would happen first- I would catch up on my blog or Henry would be born. He voted for the blog... I was hoping for Henry. I am going to try to get this thing all caught up and maybe Henry will come right after!! This is out of order and disorganized - much like everything in my life... but here it goes.

We were both off on Monday. Mr. D. had been reading on the local message board about a new doughnut shop that opened in our town. People on the message board said the craziest thing-- that they would NEVER eat a Krispy Kreme again... WHAT? Surely that is CRAZY talk!! Another thing that was said about the place is that when they are out of doughnuts, they close. This is apparently usually by 9a.m.

So, Mr. D. and I devised a plan that we would get up on Monday morning and go to the new doughnut shop and see what the hype was all about. So we got up- and we were there at about 8:30. They had plenty of doughnuts- and no sign of selling out. There was 1 other person in the place. We got our half dozen assorted doughnuts- 4 glazed, 1 caramel glazed, and 1 cinnamon sugar. We traveled home with our cargo and sat down to enjoy. I took one bits and I was DONE! I did eat 1/2 of the caramel one- and when I say half I mean I licked the icing off. Mr. D. was not that impressed either. We were both sad that we didn't just go to the Krispy Kreme. My review is -- if I wanted a crappy doughnut- I would have just stopped at the grocery store and had one of there's.


Later in the day- ambition struck and Mr. D. hung these little gems up on our frshely painted bathroom. I love them. WHEN A.P. and I go to IKEA in November- I am going to get some black and white candles that I saw there. I think that would look really nice!

Stay tuned-- you never know when I might blog about the 4th of July and more from the junk room a la Granny!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Nobody can beat KK. I LOVE KK glazed doughnuts. Much to my shame I have eaten 6 HOT NOW before.

Jackie said...

Mr. D.
I am impressed at how well (straight and even) you hung the bathroom decor. They look very nice and I like them.

Meredith said...

Oh, those fixtures/sconces/whatever look gorgeous!
I totally wish Henry would come TODAY.

Meredith said...

PS The people on the local message board must be NUTSO because nothing is better than KK. Shame on them for getting your hopes up.

Jackie said...

Sandy,
Did my comment about the doughnuts not come thru last night.

Heather said...

The kids have had a few from there and haven't complained...like they would! I have only taken a nibble and wasn't speaking in tongues like I do after a Krispy Kreme, but I didn't think it was too bad.

I thought of you and your granny when I read this post today:
http://www.twigandthistle.com/blog/2009/07/spools-of-love/