Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday 13: The real version- on the actual Thursday

Today, the real Thursday this week December 13th, 2007, would have been my Daddy's 57th birthday. Here are a list of 13 ways I would have liked to have spent the day with him.

1) going shopping- with him buying of course (maybe for my Mom that curio cabinet she never wanted.. haha)
2) working on a project at my house
3) horseback riding
4) going out to eat
5) going fishing
6) asking him all of the questions I have thought of in the last few years
7) going with him to see Kaleigh and Donovan
8) going for a walk together
9) hanging out and watching TV
10) putting together a puzzle
11) showing him how smart and healthy Brady turned out to be (unlike the sick pup I had)
12) going to Lowes and Home Depot
13) riding roller coasters and scary rides together

6 comments:

Karen said...

Your daddy would have loved to have done those things with you also I'm sure... but I bet he is rocking out heaven today too!

Anonymous said...

Yes...that would be a great way to spend the day.....how special.....just remember he always loved to do projects at your house and also remember the day you moved into your house .....
he walked around looking at the house and then made this statement to you...
You better plan on staying here a long time because this is the LAST time I will move you, I am getting way to old for all of this moving! Do you think it might have had anything to do with the 31times we moved because of his work?

Anonymous said...

correction....we didn't move 31 times I moved 31 times....13 of which was as a child.....
I guess just had sometimers when I wrote the other comment....
you know what sometimers is don't you....that is where sometimes I remember and sometimes I don't!

Tiffani said...

Those are all great things to do. I wish you could be doing those with him right now.

Meredith said...

Yeah, so this post made me cry. I'm so glad you have precious memories of your daddy, though!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was diffucult to narrow your list down to only 13 things--but you chose some fun stuff!! I know you and your Daddy would have had so much fun doing any/all of those things together--plus all the other things you wanted to add ;) I never met your dad, but I'm sure he would have been thrilled to be the "Thursday 13" topic!!