Sunday, December 23, 2007

the peppermint cake disaster

OK - it isn't really a disaster, but at the time it felt like one. I wanted to make the peppermint cake for my Granny to taste. There is always so much food there that I knew I could not take a whole cake so I came up with a grand plan. I make the cake in an 8 by 8 pan and cut it into fourths making 4 little cakes. One for my Granny's house, one for us to eat with Christmas dinner here, one for the neighbors and one to serve to our friends who visited tonight. Well, the little cakes weren't exactly level so I was having to use the icing to level them out. I completed the cakes and hopped into the shower before dinner and when I came back to the kitchen I saw this.

I guess I didn't level it well because it slid right off into the floor. No big deal- we just ate a 2 layer one with the company tonight. Here is a picture of my cute little peppermint cake.

No comments: