Imagine if you will, Thanksgiving 2006.... Meredith and I shopping in the Pottery Barn. I see this beautiful bell shaped dome that I believe will go perfectly on my Southern Living Barley Twist Pedestal. I didn't buy it. I went home a few days later and measured the pedestal and then drove "all the way across town" (this is how my hubby refers to this area) to the Pottery Barn. The small sized dome was a perfect fit. I brought it home and enjoyed it for many days until one day I picked it up to clean it and it clanked against the pedestal and shattered into a million pieces. I cried! I went online and ordered a new one - and as a bonus online you could get it personalized. I got it with a D and I loved it even more. I have loved it for a long long time and tonight- I broke it. I had not a half hour earlier told Matt to come back over and see how cute my little peppermint cake was going to look under my bell (like he cared- but I was excited). I lifted it to wash it turned it sideways to lift it over the pedestal and CLANK. The glass in this bell is as thin and delicate as a Christmas tree ornament. I cried again! So here is a picture of the item I am not supposed to own. May it rest in peace.
2 comments:
poor baby!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I am so sad!
Post a Comment