Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday 13: Thirteen for August thirteen

I am draggin' ya'll. It is the week before school and I didn't know I was physically capable of doing everything I have accomplished so far this week and I just hope I can find the strength to finish all that needs to be done. I know I must be a mess because I stopped to pick up pictures at my mom's store tonight and she gave me money and told me I had better eat dinner. (Thanks Mom!!!!) Here are a few things I accomplished this week.

1) Created cubby tags I am actually thrilled with. I made them so wonderfully that after I made them, I decided to re-make them based on a stroke of genius I had (remember my post on my pre-cognition.) Now, the new and improved cubby tags as so so so so so so so so cute!! I have 29 kids this year. Tonight I will be cutting cubby and hook tags. And tomorrow... unveiling them!!

2) Washed all of the laundry in the house and did everything I could to help Mr. D. get ready for his explorations out of the country.

3) Sent invitation, evites, emails and more to the parents in my class... welcoming, meet the teacher/back to school bash, class picnic pool party...etc. etc. etc.

4) Created cute invitations to Pool-a-Palooza number two-za, our annual staff party. We already have a great theme for next year lined up.

5) Cleaned, organized, purged, arranged, and planned for the classroom and the new year ahead.

6) Attended a 2 hour training for the Girl Scout troop I am taking over. Obtained list of possible girls. Planned what to do with said list-- and it is still just sitting here, untouched.

7) Invited everyone I could think of to the Gold Party Julie and I are hosting on Sunday. (If you want to come let me know). I also picked up my Mom's gold today. I am excited to see how much she makes! She has lots and lots of gold in there.

8) Took care of the very itchy Brady. I even got up early to give him a shower this AM. I will be so glad when this allergy season is over. Wait! That reminds me- his vet didn't call me back this week. I am hoping to get him some new medicine. He is pretty miserable.

9) Checked in on pictures of Henry every chance I got. I (not so) secretly wish I was going to Durham with Stephanie this weekend!

10) Thought about my new phone, programming it, getting ring tones, whatever-- but never got around to it. I did think about it though- so that has to count for something!

11) Learned all about our school's new website- and how it is going to be the #1 form of communication. How exciting!!

12) Visited with my fellow teachers- those who had the summer off. It was nice seeing them again and I certainly look forward to having more help around the school.

13) Found a minute to blog- just so you all would know I haven't fallen off of the face of the earth. I can tell it is going to be an exciting new school year!!

2 comments:

momma said...

I was so very happy to find that you had made it home before 10..
I also hope you had something filling and good for dinner.. bath then bed for the back to school girl!

Meredith said...

I am tired reading this! Good luck with the new school year!