Sunday, August 10, 2008

our new hobby

This weekend, Mr. D. bought an aquarium and stand. I helped to pick it out, but he was the one who dreamed it up. So, we are now the proud owners for a 37 gallon aquarium with no fish. We still have some things to do before the fish can move in. The shopping for the actual aquarium and stand was not fun. But, once we did finally made a decision- the rest has been. Yesterday, we met in another part of town to pick out this piece of Malaysian driftwood for the aquarium. I have never loved a piece of wood more (nor have I ever spent so much on a piece of wood). Then we went to pick out the plants. I only got a few because I wasn't sure which kinds I really wanted. I need to research this further before buying any more. Our aquarium is going to be filled with freshwater tropical fish. We had kicked around the saltwater idea for a while, but the freshwater is actualy a better fit for us. I will keep you all posted on this work/hobby in progress.
*** update.. I put a mirrored back on the tank today so now you can't see all of those cords.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great so far... I wonder who will be taking care of the tank..and the fish

Anonymous said...

I guess I should add ... I was the one that took care of the fish tank and a million guppies that you had at our house (12th grade)

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful and the mirror was a really great idea. I wonder whatever happened to the Aquaman aquarium???????Hm? Perhaps Mr. D remembers?