Y'all have probably been wondering about the baby fish. They are growing up quite nicely. There are definitely less of them now. The parents aren't eating them, but they are eating each other. The bigger of the little fish attack the smaller of the little fish. I would say we have between 30 and 40 baby fish left. We have really had a fun time watching them grow.
I've been working on a little project this week. I am organizing my clipped recipes.
Originally I had them in notebooks just taped in by category. There were lots of recipes I had clipped that I know I will never make. I have been reviewing them and weeding them out. I had to laugh because I made these notebooks over 5 years ago when my Dad was in the hospital. I would sit up there with him and work on my project. He asked me one day what I was working so hard on and I told him. He said I would never use those book... and he was right. I have never used them.
Friday night, I had dinner with some special ladies.
Eden and Alice met us with their parents at Cozumel Grill. They are growing up SO fast. I bought them a little present. (I like for the kids in my life to be used to getting fun gifts from me!). I wouldn't let them open them and kept giving clues. They finally guessed--- MOON SAND! We made plans for a sleepover weekend soon!! Speaking of FUN gifts, Here is a picture of Charlie sporting some sunglasses I gave her when I saw her on Saturday. She and her parents drove though town and stopped to have lunch with us on Saturday. She was all smiles at Target. We were all smiles too when we saw this on the way out. After Target, Mr. D. and I went to a tile warehouse. It was in this very store that we FINALLY found tile for the bathroom. It has only taken us a year to locate tile we both agreed on. It looks gray in this picture. But, it is actually black with charcoal streaks. It is going to look AMAZING.
But, as with all good things, there is a lot of work to be done before we enjoy the fruits of our labors. Here is our before pic. Today we pulled up the vinyl flooring. Then we scrapped up the paper backing and adhesive.This is all that we chose to do today. The floor is ready for tile but that will have to wait for another day.
4 comments:
momma
said...
The new tile will look AWESOME in your bathroom. If it took a year to decide on the tile I know it is one that you just LOVED and will delight in the tile when it is installed. Just so you know I really like the tile. Have fun!
Fun weekend! G & I did a Target trip too on Saturda--which one do you go to? We go to the new one in Hoover near the Met. Good luck with the bathroom...you guys are SO handy!
4 comments:
The new tile will look AWESOME in your bathroom. If it took a year to decide on the tile I know it is one that you just LOVED and will delight in the tile when it is installed. Just so you know I really like the tile. Have fun!
Fun weekend! G & I did a Target trip too on Saturda--which one do you go to? We go to the new one in Hoover near the Met. Good luck with the bathroom...you guys are SO handy!
I want to take a bite out of that cute Charlie with her sunglasses!
Where is this tile store you speak of? I'm wanting to tile some of my house...so you and Paul get really good at it then come do mine :)
Post a Comment