Monday, March 8, 2010
I opt out
In the last week, we have received not one but two phone books on our porch. The first arrived on Tuesday and it was white pages for our city. Today we received white pages for our county. In this day and age, I can not believe I am receiving unsolicited phone books. They both went straight to the recycle bin. In this go green world, why can I not opt out on receiving this? There just has to be a better way. For our household, it seems like such a waste of time, materials and effort. We do not keep or use the phone books. If we need a number, we go to the internet. We do not even have a house phone. While I was conditioning my hair tonight, I tried to think of people I know in my city and county that actually have a home phone. I was able to come up with 3. One of which I actually assumed that they did- but I don't know for sure. That's all- just complaining about deforestation and the unwanted phone books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's crazy here too. We get several (from different companies) and throw out all but one. I insist on keeping one, although Keith thinks I am crazy. I actually use it if I am standing in the kitchen. It's quicker than going to my computer. But I agree that we should be able to opt out! Very bad for the trees!
Agree! We keep no phone books and do not have a home phone! What are they good for?? Wasteful!
I guess you are referring to me!
Post a Comment