And this is no exception!!
Last week, we found out about a couple in Texas who would like to see our adoption profile. Easy right? Well, that would be if we had a profile complete and ready to go. I kind of had thought we were done with this. I had archived pictures and therefore had to start from scratch. All of our other profiles that we have sent have been via email- but this family wanted something physically mailed to them. So, I started creating.
Have you ever tried to make the perfect something for someone you have ever even met? Well let me tell you- IT'S NOT EASY. It's about as easy as trying to market yourself. Of course, I am an over analyzer. I have thought and rethought through every step of this process. My first decision was about the prints. I had to create the prints with my publishing program. I am a whiz at that- so it didn't take long. It took longer to pick our the photos than to create the images. Then I had to choose the printing options. Luster? Glossy? Black and white? Color? Thanks to Costco, I was able to do all. The answer turned out to be color and luster. I got my prints and didn't like a picture in one of them. I then had to scramble to find a replacement picture and send that photo to Costco to be printed. Nothing like double work.
The next decision was paper. This was a hard one. Not too baby, because you don't know how they feel about the baby. Not too pink or too blue because you don't want to seem like you want one sex over the other. Not too country looking, or too stiff, or too wild, or too.... or too... you get the idea.
I chose black paper, and hoping not to be too morbid, I brightened it up with perky white paper with black polka dots. Who wouldn't love a polka dot- right??And so the project begins. I had to cut down my prints and cut my papers to size. With the helps of a little adhesive strip here and there I was able to create an folded photo album/dvd cover booklet.
Then I added our pictures with the last page blank for us to write a personal message.
I am now working on a little profile DVD to send to the family. I have had to sort through thousands of pictures and pull the perfect ones out again. I will post what the finished product looks like before it goes in the mail tomorrow. Back to work on it! Keep your fingers crossed!!
Once this little project is done- I have a LOT to catch up on post wise. Stay tuned!
1 comment:
how super exciting!
Post a Comment