Friday, March 12, 2010

Mrs. D. and the garden to be

It's starting to be the time of the year when my focus turns to my little garden. Last year was the first year I had a garden and we loved going on and harvesting the fresh herbs. Last weekend, Mr. D. and I went to Lowes and I decided that this year I would start my plants from seeds instead of buying already established plants. It saves a ton of money and I think it will be a fun little project. I purchased a few packs of seeds and this little window box greenhouse. Mr. D. noticed a cute little basket set with a few different things that we liked so we got that too. This year I am taking on tad bit more in the gardening arena. I must admit I am fairly excited about the idea of it. I like the idea of harvesting the bounty. I have had to do a lot of research already on the seeds I have and the items we are growing. We are growing:
Dill
Chives
Garlic
Onions
Potatoes
Basil
Oregano
Parsley
Strawberries

I was telling my friend Kate about the gardening situation and she brought me this little surprise.
It's is a strawberry pot for my strawberries. I am really excited about it and think that it is SO cute.

I must tell you that while we were at the store looking at the seeds I was reading them off to Mr. D. Do you want ... blah blah blah and he would say yes or no. I asked if he wanted

He laughed and said that he didn't believe I could grow a watermelon or a pumpkin. Personal challenge accepted. I have started my Watermelon seeds and it should be ready on Rylee's birthday. I will start my pumpkins this summer. We will see if I can do it or not.





No comments: