Monday, June 15, 2009

my cooking camp


Today was the first day of my cooking camp. I am working at this camp from 3-5 this week, and another week in July. We are working a little each day, and by the end of camp they will have an entire meal to take home for their families. I only have 6 kids at the most, today I only had 4. Today we chopped all of the vegetables that we will be needing and made homemade salad dressing for our salads.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Fun! Is this being held at your school?

Anonymous said...

WOW. Cooking camp. I would want to cook barbeque, beans, and cole slaw. Do you have a men's cooking class?

Sandy D. said...

Yes, Meredith- it is part of my school. They are trying to start a summer camp type thing for the Elementary School. So, they set it up for 2 weeks in June and 2 weeks in July. They didn't get a great response so they trimmed it down to 1 week each month. I am doing the cooking camp both weeks to make extra money for our adoption! (This is my 3rd job, ya know)

Anonymous- I am sticking to kids for now, but your menu sounds awesome.

momma said...

Do you know just how proud these children will be at the end of camp? What a wonderful person you are to help these children feel that success at such a young age!

Meredith said...

That's such a wonderful idea. I'm a big believer in getting kids in the kitchen, and it sounds like great fun for you too! :)

My mom signed me up for a kids cooking class when I was small, but I was sooooo shy that I cried and she had to take me home. I wouldn't stay. (That would be a trait I hope Henry does'nt get!)