I am not sure what day it was this past week- but Tiffani and I met at the ice cream shop after camp. It was a million degrees that day and the ice cream shop had been without power. So, it was a million and one degrees in there and the ice cream was melting. It was free. I think we should try and go again one day- once their AC is up and running again. (There was a moment in the bathroom than reminded me of the episode of friends when Ross wore the leather pants- but I won't go there... just know it was hot!! )
Meghan took care of Brady and Mr. D. and I traveled to Atlanta Friday night. His Mother and Step-dad had made us dinner Friday night or turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, salad and blueberry pie. We chatted until way past everyone's bedtime that evening. Saturday morning the golfers got to play golf and the shoppers got to shop. We had lunch with Mr. D.'s brother and sister and the loves of their lives. It was fun chatting and laughing. After lunch we packed, and then hung out some more. I took a little (unintentional) nap. Then Mr. D. and I left and headed to IKEA and the MIL and FIL went to a concert. Mr. D. and I drove back to our city after the IKEA experience.
Just for fun- here are some pics of things I liked but that I didn't buy yesterday. I didn't really need any of this- and I am glad I didn't waste our money on any of it- but here are some things I totally could have bought.
Item #1. I have no idea the difficulty of these puzzles- but they could have possibly have been fun for the kids in my class. They were $5.99 each.
Item #2: These towels would have been perfect for my bathroom- if.. they were black and not brown and the circles were gray squares and not blue circles. Cost-$7.99/towel, $2.99/wash cloth. I think I would have needed at least 6 of each.
Item #3. This is something I totally didn't need- but at the same time thought was really cool. Cost- $9.99
Item #4. This is probably the item that was the hardest to walk away from. The square dinner plates that match my pasta set displayed in my kitchen.Cost- $4.99 per plate and I would have purchased 6
Rational on not purchasing... do I really need more items to collect dust up on display on top of the cabinets in the kitchen?
Oh- and they had the canister set. 4 canisters- costing $7.99, $8.99, $9.99 and $10.99.
I thought this was REALLY cute- and it has my favorite color of blue! Cost $12.99. It would have blended in nicely with the millions of other purses I no longer use and just donated to Hannah Home.
So- this is how I saved around $160 dollars this weekend.Before we left Atlanta, Mr. D. and I spend some time at IKEA. We had a gift card we had been saving specifically for this trip. As you all know- we are remodeling our bed and bathroom and I just knew IKEA was exactly where all of the things we wanted would be. Also IKEA always has wonderful things that my classroom can't live without.
When we were walking through the showroom area we saw this frame and ledge arrangement and both liked it for the wall in our bedroom. (Look for an upcoming post titled : Did it look this big in the store?)
The best part about IKEA is how economical things are and while this looks very expensive - it isn't. So we both decided to remember it and when we got to the frames portion look at getting it. I am not sure why we didn't take a picture of it then, but we didn't.We keep shopping and didn't really find anything else for the house but I did find amazing things for school. I found....
For just a few pennies less than $20- my class will be enjoying a set of 4 little jars with lids, a kid sized bathroom scale, the bottom black thing is a bar to hang on the wall and they white things are baskets that hang on the bar (for crayons, markers, etc.) and 2 sets of kids sized serving utensils.On another great weekend note- we just finished painting the ceiling in the bedroom- so other than minor touch up work- we are FINISHED with the painting!! Whoo- hoo!!
1 comment:
I KNOW THE BEDROOM WILL LOOK GREAT CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT
Post a Comment