Friday, June 26, 2009

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

This afternoon and evening, I felt like I was in the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. If you are unfamiliar with this children's book - the premise is that if you do one thing it leads to another and so on and so on. So this afternoon was a lot like that for me.

On Thursday I was supposed to make Tacos for dinner, but we didn't have any cheese.

So.. I made a deal with Mr. D. that we would go out for dinner and I would stop and get the cheese on the way home Friday.

I stopped to get the cheese ........and we also needed an air conditioner filter and toilet paper.

So, I had to go all over Wal*mart to get things. While I walked the store, I found these 2 presents for Mr. D.

I hadn't eaten much today and so that lead to this....Yes! The buggy is that full!
The tacos turned into nachos. So, when I got home I started cooking nachos.

Because I bought so many groceries, I had to clean out the pantry.

After I cleaned out the pantry we ate dinner. Then I cleaned out the refrigerator...........

And the freezer.............(Mother, you may want to bring more half eaten sundaes and milkshakes- I threw all of yours out!)
And after I did all of that, I had to load the dishwasher and clean up the dinner dishes.
I thought everything was clean until I went into the living room where Brady had destroyed a box. So... I cleaned it up as well.

Now I am exhausted!!!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Ahh, don't you love days like that? I am that way with cleaning. I get started on one thing only to discover I can't clean that until I organize this or clean that and so on...

MOMMA said...

HEY I KNEW YOU WOULD THROW THOSE AWAY AT SOME POINT. I THINK I PUT THEM IN THERE SO GRANNY WOULDN'T FUSS AT ME FOR WASTE OF GOOD FOOD. (AS A SIDE NOTE JUST THE OTHER DAY I THREW OUT 1/2 OF A FISH DINNER FROM CAPT. D'S.....BECAUSE IT JUST WASN'T WHAT I REALLY WANTED TO EAT, I SHOULD HAVE JUST TAKEN THE TIME TO HAVE OUR FAV PIZZA MADE AND COOKED)

NEST SUBJECT: YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THAT MY GRAND DOG ALSO CHEWED YOUR FLIP-FLOP.

SPEAKING OF WHICH: I KNOW YOU WILL FIND THIS DIFFICULT TO GRASP BUT JUST TODAY YOUR GRAND DADDY ED ASKED FOR FLIP FLOPS OF COURSE I TOOK HIM TO GET THE CROC FLOPS LIKE I WEAR BECAUSE THAT WAS WHAT HE REALLY WANTED.

AND AS AN ADDED BONUS ONE OF THE NURSES BROUGHT YOU MORE BEADS FOR YOUR CLASS. GRAND DADDY HAD BEEN TELLING HER ABOUT GETTING THE ONES AT BINGO FOR YOU AND YOUR CLASS.

Sandy D. said...

MOTHER- WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME???
Undo the caps lock!!

And FYI- It wasn't flip flops that Brady stole yesterday- I had actually worn nice sandals to school. Tiffani is probably cracked up that you just assumed I had on flip flops- it is my summer uniform after all.

Tiffani said...

I actually giggled through the entire post/comments. This is so like us... We missed you on our trip to Berries and OTP. It was much fun. I bought some butter and cheese. I'll let you know what I think :)

momma said...

sorry i shouted at you....i will work on it. by the way i am so glad the pantry looks so neat now that i am allowed to open it again after the oil/floor mess of so many years ago.
i am also so sorry i just assumed it was the flip flop shoewear that had an untimely demise.....just remember what i saw you wearing on the hottest day of last year and thought you would have stayed true to the feet...