Saturday, September 6, 2008

recap

I hope I have not totally lost all of my readers by my lack of blogging as of late. I apologize- yet again for being a total slacker. Here is a recap. We went on vacation with Mr. D.'s family.



I always enjoy going to the mountains. We had wonderful weather and fun with each other. It is rare that all 4 of the siblings and their spouses/significant others are together for a long period of time- but whenever it does happen it is always fun! We went shopping, played at the lake, played a lot of Wii-- which I love to do! I learned to play a new card game, which I would love to play again. We ate great food and enjoyed each other's company.

When we got back, Mr. D and I started a busy week. Even thought this week was only 4 working days, we felt like it was a very long week and by last night, we were exhausted.

I did something this week that I have never done before-- I drafted a fantasy football team. I am not really "in to" football, but my coworkers started a league, so I joined. I will have to tune into the games tomorrow and see how my players did. Here is who is on my team, and on my bench.


  1. Payton Manning
  2. Steve Jackson
  3. Jamal Lewis
  4. Ronnie Brown
  5. Calvin Johnson
  6. Chad Johnson
  7. Tony Gonzalez
  8. Colts Defense
  9. Neil Rackers
  10. Chris Cooley
  11. Matt Schaub
  12. Patrick Crayton
  13. Benjamin Watson
  14. Eagles Defense
  15. Justin Fargas
  16. Rian Lindell

On vacation, my Mother-in-law gave me the most incredible gift ever. It is a market tote. We all got to choose one. Mine is the blue one of course. I took it to school this week with all of my things in it. I got so many compliments on it. I love it!!!

In addition to the fabulous Market Tote, my MIL also sent these beautiful flowers. Love them!

Mr. D. and I had a special guest to the house this morning. I made my friend Beth's peach biscuits. I of course have only made a good biscuit one time, so I made these in a muffin tin instead. They were delicious!

Speaking of entertaining, tomorrow is the first Sunday of the NFL season. Mr. D. is pumped about it. Here is a picture of Brady already assuming the football position.

We are having a few friends over and I will be making gumbo and shrimp po boys. I am very excited about this. I have been thinking about it all day today and can hardly wait. Oh- and speaking of good things I have cooked- I have made the bread with the bread starter. I took it to the mountain and Meredith and I made super yummy cinnamon rolls.

I think this has you all caught up. Sorry if I left anything out. If I think of anything I will update you later. Enjoy the weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all know that you are very busy. We will be glad to hear from you whenever you have time to blog!

Anonymous said...

You are generous with your praise. The flowers turned out really nice, low key was what I was looking foe. I know you "wowed" your guest. Glad you liked the totes too. Great pictures. Your cinnamon rolls were to die for. I told them in the breakfast place we go to on Sunday that they need to get your recipe. much love, MIL SF>

Meredith said...

I bet the special guest was super impressed. I was thinking of you.