1) I love that in the morning when the alarm goes off Brady will come and stand on my side of the bed and stare at me. He doesn't touch me, but he is about an inch away just waiting for me to move. It is so funny!2) I love that Brady is obsessed with socks. While this can be frustrating when you are wearing a pair and he attacks your feet
for them, it can be enduring as well. Brady could pick a single sock out of a mountain of clothes. He is funny too- when he gets a sock and hears us coming he will put it under his tummy and lie perfectly still -refusing to move. It's as if he is saying to himself "act cool and they will never know".
3) I love that Brady has our bedtime routine down pat and corrects me if I go out of order- or more like herds me to where I am supposed to be to suit his purposes. Sometimes I do it on purpose just to see his expression.
5) I love that when we give Brady something he deems as super duper good (such as a peanut butter to go cup, or frozen treat) he will take it in to his house, turns around, and sticks his hiney all of the way out of the door to prevent anyone from taking it from him. He will also do this with things he isn't supposed to have- but I just reach in and take those things away.
6) I love Brady's dog house, the sweet guy who built it and the story behind it.
said he would be about 30 lbs. He was the 2nd smallest in the litter. His mom was a beagle-- but we later found out this wasn't true. Click here to read that blog entry. At the time we were thinking about a dog, I didn't want a very big dog. I wanted something medium that was still small enough when full grown to sit in my lap and snuggle. Little did I know that Brady, at 87lbs would think he was a lap dog and insist on sitting in my lap and snuggling at any chance he get. He also likes to walk on my and jump on me. I am often covered in bruises from his unconditional love for me.
8) I love giving Brady a bath. He enjoyes the hand held shower. He will turn exactly which way he wants the water to hit him. He only fusses when I clean his ears or eyes. He gets water and hair EVERYWHERE!! It is more of a job cleaning up after the bath than it was to clean the dog.
10) I love how awesome Brady is with kids. He can be a total spaz
and then put a kid with him and he is very calm. It is like a switch is flipped. He just stands there and lets them poke on him, or squeeze him or whatever. He could care less. He is very relaxed about the whole situation.
11) I love that Brady will go out in the back yard and run full speed around the perimeter as if her were in a race. He does several laps and then plops down for the rest of the night.
2 comments:
the things I remember most about Brady:
1. How the 1st time we saw him, he had an operation on his back and your daddy ask you if you could have found a more pitfull looking puppy.
2. How when Brady continued to have medical problems we nicknamed him the milion dolar dog.
3. The morning I came to your house and was waitng on the back deck sofa for you to wake up and Brady decided to help me wait by jumping up on top of me, forcing me to a laying position and sat on my tummy.
3. The Christmas morning that Brady decided it would be fun to run out into the pasture with the 2500 lb bull and my baby went after him....of course I had to go after her and Brady...just socks no shoes, just a gown no coat..did I mention it was very cold and damp and my wet socks froze to the back porch the moment I stepped on the wood.
4. The day I came to your house and your special guy had taught Brady not to jump up on Nonnie (because he was so big he knocked me down).
5. The Christmas morning I was at your house and Brady opened all of his presents , one at a time just giving them each a glance until he had opened them all...(just like a child)
6. The day Brady torn into a package of toliet paper at my house and then looked up at me as if to say ..I didn't do it ..it was this way when I got here.
7. I too love the way he sits on you...it is so funny because he tries to get his entire body on your lap.
8. I remember the days you or Mr. D would call to say...let me tell you what your grand puppy has done.
Of course I would have to take the side of the grand puppy!
9. I love the way he brings such happiness into your lives.
I had forgotten that Deb took your picture with Brady (#9). Did you get one of Brady and uncle Rico too?
Post a Comment