Monday, July 14, 2008

our day today

Today was another busy day with lots of kids! Caleb and Parker came over this morning. Parker and the girls helped to cook breakfast.
Then the four kids had a breakfast party. It was so much fun.
Then, Parker and Caleb went home. Mr. D., Eden, Alice and I packed up our things and went to the water park. My mother, Mike and Dawn and Donovan and Kaleigh met us there. We had lots of fun at the park. The grown ups did to. We were there for about 5 hours. Despite the millions of reapplications of sunscreen, everyone got a little pinkish-- (me more than others of course!) It was aloe for all when we got home! Here are some cute pics from the park.
After we got home, I gave all of the kids a bath. Alice and Eden first, then Donovan, then Kaleigh bug. I got them all bathed and dressed. Then Alice helped me to cook dinner. She LOVES to cook. Here she is making potato casserole.
Meghan came over and played with Kaleigh and the other kids while Mr. D. and I cooked. We had steak, shrimp and burgers for the kiddies-- and me.
Nonnie fixed all of the kids hair. Eden had lots of tangles!!!
Alice played Wii while she waited for the potato casserole to bake.
After dinner, Donovan and I went on a date. He informed me that this was his first date. We went to play putt putt.
Then I took Donovan to place I love that he has never been to before. He loved it. We got out and walked up to the little place where you can sit if you don't want to eat in the car. We looked over the menu and he chose a lemon cream slushie. Since he didn't want anything too messy, I told him we could have it in the car (we took Mr. D's Car). I let him sit in the front while we enjoyed our treat. He thought this was very special. Then I told him about how my friend Tiffani and I always take pictures with our heads smiling and our cups showing. We tried. He got back into the back seat and we drove home. I parked outside of the garage and he walked me to the door and gave me a peck on the cheek. He said it was a sweet lemon kiss. It was a great day. Tomorrow we are going to the zoo--- 6 kids worth of fun!!!

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Donovan! I love the picture. You are too precious with your Sonic cup. Take care of my Sandy while I'm gone :)

It looks like you are all having fun.

Anonymous said...

oh what a way to remember the days of fun we are having and we can always look back and remember...thanks for taking the time to do this on your blog...you are such a sweet lady!