"... it all began with a shoe on the wall" - Wacky Wednesday by Theo. LeSeig (aka Dr. Seuss)
This blog post could also be titled Sandy's dumb blonde moment of the week.
Today, I accidentally locked my sweet baby Chocolate Chip (Brady) in the car. I was horrified that I did this. I was beside myself trying to free him and as usual Mr. D. came to the rescue. Yeah for him. Now I know you are wondering how I did this dumb thing. The answer is I wasn't thinking and I just did it. I had taken my purse and keys and everything out to the car and opened the back of the Tribute before bringing spazoid out. I went in and got him and put him in the back. I jumped in the car and locked the doors because I am always convinced that Brady is somehow going to unlock the car and jump out when I am driving. Anyway just as I was getting ready to leave I realized that I didn't have my garage remote (because my I took it out of my car when I went off with my Mom - but that is another blog entry). I jumped out to get the remote and as soon as the door shut I knew. Now- those of you who know me well know that I am a rock in the face of an emergency. I am the kind of girl you want to have around. I remained calm, called and texted Mr. D, and searched the house for the valet key. I tried not to think about it being 78 degrees out. I tried not to think about the fact that I couldn't reach Mr. D. on the cell phone. I tried not to think about the fact that this is how dogs die. After about a half hour of not finding the key, not reaching Mr. D. and obviously not magically opening the doors- I got a little panicky. I couldn't try picking the lock because I knew that would set off the alarm and that would make things worse. By the time Mr. D. called I was in FULL FREAK OUT mode. Now, once I heard that if you put the phone on speaker phone and the other person presses the remote- the car will unlock. This must be an urban myth! It totally didn't work. Mr. D. drove Lola like he stole her all the way home and saved the day. Hip Hip HOORAY for Mr. D. We got Brady out. He was so hot and panting. We figured out he was in the car for about 90 minutes. After the initial seeing that he was OK, I took him on to the vet (our original outing) and we got him a doggy pedicure and his Heartgard and some new flea medication. All is well and even though I feel like a TERRIBLE Mom - at least things around here are not boring. Brady is no worse for the wear and has had a wonderful night. We are getting an extra car key made tomorrow... just incase.
1 comment:
Bless both your hearts. You must have been terrified. I'll tell you a little secret about keys. Get a magnetic key holder that you can put underneath your car. I've had mine for years and it has saved me several times.
Post a Comment