Tonight was Mondu Monday. This is Fondu Friday that was moved to Monday. We went to Leah, Brendon, and Reid's house. We brought the fondu pot, a side of mushroom and rice casserole, and the makings for smores. Brendon made a fabulous broth. We cooked chicken, cauliflower, broccoli and asparagus. This is the 3rd attempt we have had at Mondu Monday. For the last 2 weeks someone has been sick and we haven't been able to do it. But today, the stars and planets aligned and miraculously all 5 people here healthy. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. It was a night filled with comical errors and hilarity. Here is a short list of crazy things that happened.
1) 2 people burned their hands on the mushroom/rice casserole pan.
2) Their dog became instantly addicted and obsessed with marshmallows.
3) A piece of cauliflower flew off of the skewer past the baby and landed on the floor.
4) I took over hour to cook our dinner.
5) Someone had their fly down (on accident.)
6) Broth was flung onto onlookers as someone pulled their skewer from the pot.
7) While mini mashmallows in theory were a cute idea, skewering them and roasting them was a challenge.... especially when the host built an actual real fire to roast them over. We ended up using the sterno flame to roast them.8) Reid got to lick a marshmallow and liked it... but not as much as their dog did.
After dinner, we were putting the fondu pot away and started reading the "rules". We were very surprised at how many of them we broke without even trying. We were really a reckless bunch according to way we should have done things. Who knew!
Here is a somewhat bad picture of us roasting the marshmallows on our skewers. While I did take the real camera, I didn't take the actual battery that makes it work so I had to use the Blackberry. A good time was had by all. My hubby even said that it was so much fun that they should call it FUNdu. What a comic. I can't wait to hang out with this fun couple and their sweet baby again.
1 comment:
THAT MUCH FUN ON A MONDAY NIGHT MUST BE AMAZZZZZING!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment