Monday, November 30, 2009

pride goeth before the fall

I somewhat take pride in the fact that I have never called in sick to work in the 5 years I have taught at CMS. However, today that streak came to a screeching halt. I am SICK. I am dreadfully SICK. I can not remember a time when I have felt as bad as I do right now. My only saving grace is that I am not running a fever or Mr. D. would have admitted me in to the hospital for sure. I have a horrible head cold.... and chest cold too I guess. I feel as though I have no energy what so ever. In fact, I slept in my bed for 19 consecutive hours today before I got up and made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I was awakened a few times by the ringing of my phone or the texting of people simply in shock that I was out sick. I have been out of bed for about 3 hours now and in that time I have taken a shower, and a nap and had some dinner. I turned on the computer to help to keep myself awake. I am holding off waiting until it's time to take my night time meds and go to bed. I may be down for the count tomorrow too. Mr. D. is on germ patrol and currently has our sheets in the wash. He is keeping a safe distance and germ-x-ing up at every opportunity he gets. Hopefully we can keep this contained to just me. I only hope that my sweet Henry didn't get any of these germs.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Feel better soon, Sandy!

We're all 3 sick, but not as bad as you are. Henry will cough and hack and then look up at me and smile, so it can't be too bad. :)

Jackie said...

I hope you are feeling better real soon.