Friday, October 31, 2008

Thursday 13: The Halloween Edition

In honor of what could possibly be my favorite holiday- Here is a list of 13 things I loved about Halloween 2008.
1) time with friends- we had 11 adults and 2 kids hanging out in our driveway tonight.

2) the incredible dinner- Bonnie always cooks us something awesome and this year was no exception!

3) The beacon of light- Mr. D. took off work today and I came home to see this Halloween beacon of light that he constructed to go on a pole at the mailbox. It was the welcoming ambassador to our Halloween extravaganza.
4) I had a super cute orange and black witch hat-- but believe me I was a good witch. 5) Welcoming Meghan to her first Halloween at my house. (this is our 4th annual bash)

6) My super cool calderon of glow bracelets- they were a big hit!!

7) The Halloween buffet- this is what we called our candy table since there were so many different treats for the children. I did have 2 treats,a fun sized pack of Reese's Pieces, and a Halloween kit kat ( which wasn't orange flavored as I had originally guessed).

8) The luminaries that lit up our drive way.
9) My new mug- my secret pal gave me a skull mug and I drank out of it all night.

10) The weather was cool enough to enjoy a fire in the outdoor fire place- but not so cold that we were freezing.
11) The scene of my house--- you can totally tell it is the place to be.




12) I love the excitement in the air!

13) And last- but never least, especially in my book- I love the KIDS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous job! Loved your costume. You have such a knack for this stuff. Thanks for sharing! Looking so forward to seeing you next week and helping with the coctails! L>