Tuesday, October 21, 2008

catching up with my readers

Sorry- once again for the delay in updates. This weekend I had a chance to go to visit my mom and a few grandparents. Meghan went to help me with a project or two. I was so glad to have her help. Here is a picture of one of my hometown places I took her.
We had some projects to work on but still found time to visit. Mr. D. spent the entire day doing things that needed to be done yard wise. We ate some super yummy barbecue. I love white barbecue sauce- and if you have never had it, you should try it. We stayed until after dinner and the drove the hour south to come home. On Sunday, I made a big pot of chili (even though I don't eat chili). Mr. D. enjoyed it, and I loved the cornbread muffins for dinner.
School is going right along. I love my class this year and enjoy spending my day with them. We are taking a field trip to the park on Friday- so I am hoping the rain will stay away! I love Park Day.
On the political front, at lunch today a 5 year old in my class asked me who I was voting for. I asked him what my choices were and he said that I should vote for Obama. A 3 (almost 4) year old in my class looked at him and said - or she could vote for McCain. I think it is funny seeing such political alliances at the preschool level.
Tonight I am going for sushi-- and I have probably told everyone I know- because I am that excited about it!! Whoo- Hoo!

No comments: