Nine years ago today, I got married. I thought it would be fun to do a list of how my wedding would have been different if it happened today. Enjoy!!!
1) I would have the cutest little ring bearer and flower girl- none other than my sweet niece and nephew.
2) I would have totally different bridesmaids, except I would keep Karen and Kim in the line up.
3) I would eat more cake- I remember it being so good in that little bite I got. I would have eaten more of it!!!
4) I would choose a different dress and head piece-- not that I didn't LOVE mine- but I would need something more in style with today.
5) I would have spent the last 6 months blogging to no end about every little detail until you were all sick of reading about it.
6) I would register totally differently-- and have hoped for more things that I would actually use.
7) We would have had a wedding website for everyone to be in the know and encourage our guest to get to know each other before the wedding on one of the many social networking sites.
8) Cell Phones- and texting-- what a difference that would have made 9 years ago!!
9) The guest list would be larger since we know so many more people now.
10) I am sure Mr. D. would have wanted us you have a different venue because of his career-- so we would have probably spent more time choosing a destination.
11) Unfortunately, we would have to have more "in remembrance of" roses at the alter. We have lost several that we love in the past 9 years.
12) the wedding planners--- enough said
13) I would call Mike Hup and tell him NOT to eat Chinese food the night before and also make sure Russell has better directions.
Now- here are some things I would not want to change
1) the cake!! It was my favorite thing about my wedding.
2) the setting- I loved it- but if we had a new destination as in #10, I would want it to be as spectacular.
3) the wedding favors- loved them!!
4) the time with my Dad, and Mr. D.'s Uncle Pat
5) being with our friends who we never see (Karen, Jonathan, Payson, Barb, Jeff and Deborah).
6) my wedding necklace my parents gave me, and the watch they gave Mr. D.
7) the daisies
8) my personal attendant
9) the love and happiness
10) the wording of the ceremony
11) the time of day and the time of year
12) the laughter
13) I feel like I am forgetting something important... what could it be... ummm..... oh yeah... The Groom!! Haha!!
3 comments:
I hope you've had a wonderful day and that your trip is fabulous! Enjoy each other!
I totally cracked up about the blogging comment. I would have been the same way.
You were a beautiful bride! I remember it like it was yesturday!
What about the shirtless fisherman? How soon you forgot the star of the wedding.
Post a Comment