Sunday, May 30, 2010

a clever idea from Ruby

Friday evening we went to Andrew's graduation party. Andrew is the son of our friends Randy and Ruby. As you know, Ruby is one of the best cooks and party planners that I know. We looked forward to this event all week long. One of the clever ideas for the party was a station called "tacos in a bag". This area was a HUGE hit at the party. They were delicious and it was a super fun idea. Mr. D. suggested it would be fun on a family vacation because there is very little clean up after. I chose a bag of Fritos and added sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, onions (yellow and green) and lettuce. That's it, you just grab a fork and enjoy your taco straight from the bag. It was so good that I wish I had another right now. In addition to this station, we also enjoyed a barbecue with all of the trimmings station, a cold pizza station and a dessert station. The main dessert was a red velvet cakes that was INCREDIBLE!! The icing was SO yummy!! I can't say enough about how wonderful the evening was with our good friends. We are so proud of Andrew. When we met the family, Andrew was a 3rd grader! He has really grown into a handsome and funny young man. Andrew will be heading off to college in the fall.

1 comment:

momma said...

Hey why not use this great idea as one of you food at the SSDC. Very cute idea!