Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's fixed-- now an update

Mr. D. finally got the virus off of my computer so I can finally catch you up on what's going on with us. Thursday night, as I already told you, Mr. D. built a raised bed for my vegetable garden that I will be undertaking this year. He worked well into the night to get it built. It's built but not in place yet- but that is coming.

I will keep you all updated on the progress. I had such good luck with herbs last year that I am hopeful that I am a successful vegetable farmer as well. More on that later.

We took a short little weekend get away this weekend to go to a wedding of a friend/coworker of Mr. D. Here is what the GPS looked like when we arrived at the wedding.

The setting was BEA-UTIFUL!!
The weather was great. I had an outdoor wedding and I know how risky it can be with the weather. This couple hit the weather jackpot! I took a few pictures of some of the things I really loved about their wedding. Here is a glimpse.

The flowers in the flower girl's hair.

The cake- because you all know that cake is one of my passions in life.

I actually liked the taste of the groom's cake better than the bride's cake which surprised me. Maybe my taste are changing with age. The bride's cake was red velvet with cream cheese icing topped with butter cream icing. The groom's cake was chocolate with peanut butter icing.

cushion mum balls with ribbons
This was the boat the couple used for the get away.



monogrammed stemware


This may be my favorite element of the wedding. FLIP FLOPS for the guest.
This was so you could dance and be comfy without your heels and dressy shoes.
I also liked the happy couple of course.


As they sailed away on the boat, fireworks were going off over head. It was prefect!!
Speaking of weddings.... Kate's is in FULL plan mode.


She brought these magazines one day for lunch. We thumbed through them and ate cake bites. The wedding is tentatively planned for May of 2011.

2 comments:

momma said...

Am I ever going to get to taste the CAKE BITES? I'M Waiting! Now that I have seen a picture of them the tasting must be getting close!

Karen said...

I spy Pastry Arts, YUM!!!!