Monday, May 3, 2010

the tree

One thing standing in the way of my raised bed being where it belongs is this tree.
This tree seed blew over for the yard behind us an tried to make a home. I didn't take it down immediately because I thought a friend of mine wanted it. Here we are over a year later and the tree is still here. I spent some time digging up the roots. Thankfully we had a healthy amount of rainfall in the past day or so. It made the ground very soft and easy to dig in. Of course, I wasn't the only one trying to pull up the tree.


Sorry the video is sideways... user error!

After a little effort on our parts- here is the removed tree and it's roots.
Then I went to removing the weeds from the intended area. That is when I encountered this.



Initially I was startled until I realized it was only a...

....harmless salamander. Maybe he will bring luck to the garden.

Mr. D. got home and helped me move the frame in place and we started adding the soil.
The garden will be ready for planting by the weekend!!!



No comments: