Monday, February 8, 2010

dusting ourselves off

Today was our first full day at home. We slept until around 8. We had 3 plans for today.
1) unloading the car
2) taking the car to the car wash
3) laundry

We wanted to wash the Pennsylvania off of us.

For those of you who know Mr. D., the following pictures will shock you. His car NEVER looks this way, and it never will again.



When we took it to the car wash, the guys at the car wash had to laugh on how dirty the car was. It was all of that salt and snow we had to drive through. Yuck!

Now, as I told you in a previous post- when the devastation occurred we just threw everything in the car and left. Here are pictures that illustrate that we did just that.


This morning, I unpacked everything from the car. We made mounds of laundry to wash and I put all of the baby stuff back into the nursery. We decided to wash everything we took to make sure we washed off the Pennsylvania. 4 loads of laundry all together.

This afternoon I did something that was very selfish, but given the circumstances, I think I can be forgiven. I got a hair cut for my fresh new start. This is selfish because I was growing my hair out for donation and I cut it before it was time. But I needed this. I needed to feel good about myself in some way. I love the cut.

I even tried to smile a little for you guys so you all know that I am going to be OK.

7 comments:

Linda said...

I love it! the back is gorgeous. You have great hair for that cut. Thanks for the smile. I may even sleep tonight for a change! Did T. tell you that he had a double of you in his meeting last week? Love u, great cut.

Jackie said...

I hope you are feeling a little better. I always love your hair short like that, it shows off your pretty face. Continue to heal and know I care about you guys. Love ya, Jackie

The Dales said...

You look beautiful!

Karen said...

You look beautiful as always! I am glad you took some time for Sandy.

Tiffani said...

Oooooo, I LURVE the hair!

Emily said...

LOVE your hair!! Olivia is excited to see you tomorrow. :)

Joy said...

Your hair looks great!! Are you doing ok?