Sunday, April 27, 2008
yard work
Today, we decided that there was no more putting it off- we needed to work in the yard. Yesterday we went to Home Depot and purchased some supplies we would need. We needed mulch and sand. We also needed Mondo Grass. Mondo Grass is one of only a few ground covers I can find that a) I like and b) isn't poisonous to dogs. Having Brady h
as truly changed my gardening habits (i
e.. bye bye caladiums!) I also got a new pair of gardening gloves that I think go nicely with my gardening clogs. Mr. D. found a toy he couldn't live without. I don't know what it is called but it is a tall stick with different attachments for the end to cut down tall limbs and such. We have so much growing over our fence from the back side neighbor's trees. Early this afternoon, the three of us set out to work. Brady mostly supervised. I pulled weeds and planted more mondo grass between the mondo grass I had planted last year. It didn't spread as much as I had hoped. Weed had grown in between each plant. (before on left, after on right). Brady had to personally inspect each hole I dug, each plant I planted and then walked (more like trampled) on the plants to make sure they were securely in place. Mr. D. chopped down the limbs. Brady liked dragging the limbs around the yard after Mr. D. cut them down. If only we could train Brady to brag them to the side of the street for pick up. The day ended pretty abruptly when it started pouring down rain. I was glad because it meant I didn't have to water the new plants! 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment