It's been a LONG week in this house. Sunday we had a much scaled back version of our super bowl party. I will have to blog about that later. This week I had parent/teacher conferences. Lots of reports were typed and lots of meetings were held. Mr. D. was busy getting ready to go on a business trip. Here are a few quick tidbits on Shelby from this week. More blogging soon!!
Last weekend, Mr. D added the legs on to make Shelby's Leap Frog table.

She loves to stand. She can stand for a long time working at the table. Sometimes she falls, so we have to stay in the floor behind her. Sometimes she thinks it is funny to fall and land in our laps. On a side note, please excuse my stained carpet. It won't be long until the steam cleaner will get that up.
Shelby has moved up to "stage 2" foods, or foods for sitters. I have been making some of her food, but we used baby food as well. I made her some steamed zucchini that she LOVED just last week. The baby food brand that we are using the Earth's Best organic brand. At this point, we haven't given her any containing meat. Shelby has an aversion to fruits. I am not calling it an allergy at this point because we haven't had any testing. This is something we will discuss with her Dr. at the next appointment which is any day now a.k.a. as soon as we make the appointment. Today was the first day that I shopped for the Stage two foods. It seemed like most everything I saw had fruits in it. So far she has had a reaction to bananas, peaches, apples and pears. She did not have a reaction to prunes. Anyway, avoiding the fruits was very hard. I even had to get some other brands of food to have a variety of things to try. My store didn't carry all of the Earth's Best varieties. Looks like I need to go to Whole Foods. I was sad that she can't have the yogurt blends because they are all blended with fruit. I meant to see if there was any plain baby yogurt in the cold section, but I forgot. I did find one other kind of puffs without fruit so now she can have sweet potato puffs and the corn/cheddar puffs. I hope we can get this fruit thing figured out. Maybe she just needs to build up a tolerance...who knows. I will keep you posted as to what the Dr. tells us.
1 comment:
Sarah's favorite yogurt was the Yo Baby brand, and I think it came in plain. It's in the cold section where all the other yogurt is. Good luck! She is so precious!
`Mandy D.
Post a Comment