Monday, January 10, 2011

YUM-MO in the tum-mo


On Christmas Eve, Shelby ate rice cereal while sitting in her new high chair. She loved it! We are allowed to add one food per week and were instructed to stick to orange and yellow fruits and vegetables. We have been good about the orange and yellow fruits and vegetables but have introduced more than one a week because if she didn't like something we waited a few days and moved on. Shelby loves sweet potatoes. She loved peaches but broke out in hives. She likes squash and rice cereal just fine. She hates bananas.
Aunt Maggie gave Shelby a sample of frosting and ice cream at Charlie's birthday party. She loved them both!

I haven't started making baby food yet, but I am going to start making homemade sweet potatoes this week. I figured I should try and see what she likes before I invest time in making it. We tried to make her rice cereal but my food processor wasn't strong enough to pulverize the brown rice to a powder. I was able to find an organic whole grain infant cereal so we will be using this instead.
Stay tuned for more adventures in eating!

No comments: