1. They are calling for snow here on Sunday. I will be totally shocked if it happens!
2. I am almost finished reading my first book on my Kindle. I am reading The Help. If you have any great book suggestions please let me know.
3. I am looking into taking a class to learn how to smock. Shelby has just a few outfits with smocking but I love them SO much. I am not sure how this will work out...stay tuned!
4. Over Christmas break I had the stomach bug- not ONCE but TWICE. The second time was WAY worse than the first. Hopefully I am finished with it forever- that would be just fine with me!
5. I spent a bit of time earlier in the week ordering seed catalogs. I figure if I am going to plant anything this year, I better be on top of it. The earlier the better.
6. It's the 6th day of January and I don't even have a personal planner/calendar yet. I am not ready to let go of the paper variety- call me old fashioned.
7. Shelby has started eating. She loves rice cereal and sweet potatoes. She hates bananas. She really wants to love peaches but after the first try she broke out in hives. She really loved them though.... I mean LOVED them. Oh well.
8. We are counting down the days until our adoption is finalized.
9. My sister-in-law Meredith has been making Artisian bread. I am planning to work more on that in the coming year. She made it look super easy.
10. Our New Year's Resolution is..... Doing what's 4 the best- and what's best for the 4. Our goal is to make sure the ways we are spending our time, energy, money, efforts and resources on things that make the most sense for our little family of four.
11. The decision has been made to call off my friend Kate's wedding. So, there will not be any more postings about the planning of the upcoming wedding, nor will there be pictures of me in the beautiful fuschia/raspberry bridesmaids dress.
12. Charlie turned one last week. Her birthday party is this weekend. They were very sweet to wait and schedule it so we could attend- since we were out of town last weekend. I am excited about meeting my friend Susannah there!
13. Part of my slow updating is this little problem....
I am quickly running out of memory on my laptop due to the 14 million pictures I have of Shelby. Luckily for Christmas I got an external hard drive. It's a slow process- but I am working on organizing and moving the pictures over. I have so many things I still need to blog about- Christmas, New Years and beyond!!
2 comments:
I'm so glad you mentioned the bread because I have been meaning to tell you.... that loaf was not my best. I made two mistakes! So don't let that example throw you from wanting to try it. It's amazing stuff! Next time I am going to throw in rosemary. Mmmmm.
Meredith- the bread was delicious and inspiring ... and the only thing I kept down in three days of the stomach bug.
Post a Comment