Two night in the crib and everyone is happy! It works for us.
The first night I had to take her bumpers off of the crib for safety purposes. Then I thought....what am I supposed to do with this now? It's still folded up on the floor. Today the nursery is getting cleaned and organized so maybe I will find a place for it. Anyway... We got her settled and put her in the crib.
She fussed a little at first but then settled down in less than a minute and went to sleep. We got up at our usual 2:30am feeding. A quick bottle and change then back to sleep. At 5:30 I heard her making some noise and since we usually eat between 5:30-6:00 I just assumed she was waking up. I turned on the video part of the monitor and she was not there. My Mother was visiting so I thought maybe she had gotten up with Shelby. Being a high tech monitor, I was able to redirect the camera and look around the room. This little lady had scooted herself all the way to the bottom of the crib and had her little foot poking out through the slats.
So... when we were running errands today, we went and bought her....
The BREATHABLE bumper. This will keep all limbs in the crib and is much safer than her other bumper.
Last night was seamless. She went to sleep in the living room around 9:30. I put her in the crib and lights out until 2:30 and 5:30. I am so glad this transition has been a smooth one.
This little girl is growing so fast. Here is how big she looks in her car seat now.
She loves to sit up and since she is holding her head up so nicely, we decided to take the plunge. Baby steps- but she enjoyed it for a few minutes. She's still a little "bob and weave" like so this is the best picture I got. I am sure there will be more later!
She is smiling - A LOT! I haven't been able to blog this because she hadn't smiled at Mr. D. yet. I think the most respectful thing you can do for a parent is to let them discover things about their child for themselves. I wish and hope that other people will show us this respect. Anyway, I got my first smile (you know- purposeful and not just gas- but eye to eye smiling!) a few days ago. I have just been waiting for Mr. D. to get one. Last night he did! It was amazing seeing his excitement. Imagine if I had told him she already did that for me how he would have felt. Of course later we discussed that she's been practicing. Still, he had a great moment and I am glad!
She is about to move into 3-6 month clothes in anything with feet and most onesies. She is a long little girl. I had the prefect fall dress for her - but it is a 0-3 months... so as soon as I can get to Baby Gap, I will need to exchange it. I hope they still have the dress because I love it. I held it up to her yesterday and it looked like a shirt- not a dress.
Karen is coming today!!! Hopefully I can convince her to sit and love on Shelby for a little bit this weekend so I can catch up on my blogging!
4 comments:
I am sure Karen will be more than willing to love on Shelby! Thanks Karen from Nonnie for all you did to bring this wonderful little girl to Sandy, Paul and all of us!
Won't take much convincing. :)
Ha! You posted Mr. D's name! The secret is out! Ha!
haha... fixed it
Post a Comment