Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall.... the half hearted effort



If you read my sister-in-law and partner in crime Meredith's blog, you know that she put out less fall decor than normal this year. Well, here is a glimpse of what I am calling Fall.... the half hearted effort. My priorities are ever changing and decorating for fall is just not something that seems as important right now. Of course, once the ambassador of Halloween's (Mr. D.) mood kicks in, I am sure this house will look like Halloween threw up all over it. Right now, I just have "fall" stuff out and nothing Halloween specific .. except for the candy of course!


This cute memo board was a birthday present from my Mother. We have had SO much fun with it. I finally thought to purchase colored dry erase markers. It's from Willow House, which is the new Southern Living at Home. I paired it with my Southern Living at Home tray and it looks great there! The silver infant cups were Mr. D's when he was a baby. I thought they looked cute with the candy. They are left over from Shelby's open house party. The candy is candy corn taffy, which is delicious and already eaten by the time I got around to posting this.


This tray is an ensemble that my Mother-in-law Linda helped me to put together. The tray came from Walmart. They have some fabulous fall home items for a low price! We also picked up the fake acorns, and the pumpkin pie candle there. We got the ball and hour glass (or 42 minute glass) at Old Time Pottery. When I climbed up into my attic I found the fall potpourri which I put in the bell on my Southern Living at Home pedestal. And.... that's Fall folks!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You did great. And you said it - the priorities are ever-changing!

Ellen said...

Love all the SLAH/WH shout-outs :) So glad you are loving the Memo Board. The Jamestown Tray is one of my all time favorite pieces. You should link them to my website and online outlet store coming on Friday! ellenking.willowhouse.com