This weekend, Mr. D. and I celebrated eleven years of marital bliss. We went away for the weekend to the exact same place we went for our 10th anniversary. We checked in on Friday and went to the movies. We saw Get Him to the Greek. We had dinner at a little pizza place. We walked around the little shops and even got caught in the rain. We had a cookie for dessert from the Great American Cookie Company. I love that place!
Saturday, we got up and hit the pool. I started my first book of the summer. It is the first book that I have ever read where I personally know the author. I am only a few chapters in but so far I am loving it!! On a funny note, I bought Mr. D. a book by his favorite author Robert B. Parker. He wrote the Spenser books, which I am sure is the reason Mr. D. wants to name our little boy Spenser. Anyway, he said this book was a little odd and very different from his other books. Well, it turns out that I had bought Mr. D. a YA (Young Adult) novel. He said that explains why it was written so simplistically. He did report that even thought it was for Young Adults, it was still a good book.
OK, back to the anniversary trip. After the pool and hot tub we got dressed and went to Red Robin for lunch. After lunch we checked into the Westin Heavenly Spa for a few hours of relaxation and pampering. We enjoyed the infrared sauna, steam rooms, jacuzzi, and a couples massage. It was SO relaxing!! Once we got back to our room we both fell asleep and did not wake up until it was time for dinner. We went to dinner at a place called I Love Sushi. It was a fun night out. After dinner, we walked around the shops by our hotel. I had to pick up prizes for two little ladies I would be seeing the next day. I found great deals on cute stuff at Gymboree.
This morning we slept in and then went down for a breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast, we got packed and ready to leave. We left and headed to my Mom's house. Today was Decoration at the family's cemetery. These are the graves of my Dad, Granny and Pa. This is a "Southern Thing" from what I have figured out. Anyway, we meet every year, decorate the graves and have a family luncheon at my cousin's house. I guess you could say it's my family reunion. I have several cousins that this is the only time I see them every year. We had 24 people together for lunch today. It was a great time, but I must tell you that there were two little girls who completely stole the show! Yep!! Rylee.........
..... and Charlie!! Cute and sweet, these sassy little cousins were so PRECIOUS!!!
Rylee, just 18 days shy of one year old was such a sweetie!! She is a tiptoe walker. The outfit was made my Aunt Patsy. There were little matching capri pants, but they got wet when Rylee was splashing in the pool.
Here is a picture of my Mom and Charlie.
Here is a picture of me, Kim and Rylee.
Here is Rylee and Charlie with Gran and Pop.
Charlie and Maggie
It was a fun afternoon. We traveled the rest of the way home and it was back to the grind here. I do have this bouquet to show off. Can you guess where I got these beauties?
From my Granny's blue snowball bush. I am trying to root one or two of the cuttings to make one for me that is from hers. I found a couple of different suggestions on the internet, so hopefully I will be successful. If I am not successful, I can keep trying with cuttings until the house is sold, or we decided to dig up the bush.
Speaking of success... I had two green cherry tomatoes that I had planned to pick if they were ripe when I got home. Well, an animal beat me to it. Whatever it was it ate the insides of the plant and left the peel behind. I have no more tomatoes on the vine, so I will have to wait a while for another chance. Hope you all had a great weekend too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment