Sunday, April 18, 2010

what a weekend

We have had quite the action packed weekend around here. This weekend we actually tiled our bathroom. We bought the tile several weeks ago and have not had time to get to the project. This weekend was declared T-H-E weekend- no questions asked. Here is the before pic....
Here is the after....
This tile in this picture is wet because I had just mopped it. We still have to let the grout cure, replace the baseboards and toilet. I will post more pics once the entire project is finished.

Of course, tiling wasn't the only project in the works this weekend. We also works multiple hours on helping to get the back yard ready for the spring/summer grilling season. While we were working in the the yard, I began thinking about an area of the yard that would make a neat little garden area. I watched it at different times of the day to see how the light hit at different times. I tucked my thoughts away until this morning when I noticed in the paper that Home Depot was having a buy one get one sale on vegetables and herbs plants and seeds. I considered this to be a sign. I shared my idea with Mr. D. and he was on board. Here is the area. It's a little cubby hole around the side of my house. It's great!! We didn't tackle this project this weekend, but I took advantage of the sale and get a few things to put in when it's ready. For $35 dollars, I purchased all of this....and these...
In the collection of plants, you probably noticed a fern. I wanted a fern to go in our patio beverage stand for when we aren't having beverages in there. Here is how it looks. I love it.
While I grouted the tile, Mr. D. washed off the patio.
I am currently in the process of washing all of the pillows. He said he wished he could get rich by bottling the pollen because we had gallons of it on our porch.

I had to take advantage of the sale at home depot and purchase strawberry plants. I have been watering the root plants for over an month and nothing. So, here is the new look to the awesome strawberry pot.
I also planted a little pot of peppers.
While I was playing in the plants, Mr. D. was grilling the first grill of the season.
DELICIOUS!!! We ate dinner on our patio and enjoyed the spring evening.

4 comments:

Linda said...

WOW! What a weekend. Ours went about the same, we put up a screen room in the back, but the pollen is awful, I agree. Your veges look awesome. Thanks for sharing. Wish I was there and thanks too for the tip on the HD. I have so wanted to plant some veges, but we only get sun in the front. Thanks. Love, Toot

momma said...

The bathroon looks great and dinner looks super GOOD! You are making my mouth water!

Jackie said...

The tile looks great, I love what you picked out. That Mr D and you are very very handy people. I don't think there is anything you guys can't do. I am impressed!

Mike said...

First grill of the season? With your great climate, and you FINALLY get around to the first grill of the season?! SHEESH! I'm in the 20's already for times grilled in 2010! SLACKERS! :)