Friday, August 31, 2007

it's all good

 

Here we are 24 hours and $65 later. She is clean. She was estimated to be about a year and a half old. She is not spayed. She has an ear infection in addition to the cuts (possibly bites) on her ears. She weighs 54 lbs. So together, we have 140 lbs of dog running through out the house. She doesn't have a name. She and Brady are having a blast. No one has called for her. We have spent the early evening searching every neighborhood within 3-5 miles. No signs for a lost dog are up either. It is discouraging us. I can't believe someone isn't looking for this sweet girl. We adopted Brady the last time Western Carolina played Alabama... will we have the same fate this year?

** addition to this blog after the first night

I went to the dollar store and bought the new dog her own bowls. Apparently that was a waste of my time and money. She and Brady eat and drink out of both bowls. Neither has any type of food aggression. I am glad for that. She slept in the kitchen and Brady slept in his bed in our room. I am suspecting that she is not house trained- but I am hoping that it was just that she was in a strange new place and that she didn't know how to get my attention to let her out. Or maybe she used to have a doggie door because the night she spent on the back porch she didn't have any accidents and the patio door has a doggie door that Brady created. Brady is very tolerant of her but make sure he is the top dog at all times. He shares everything except me. If she comes near me he will push in between us. Hopefully jealous boy will get over that soon.

No comments: