Wednesday, August 15, 2007

10 surprising things I learned about fly fishing

 
Posted by Picasa


This morning, my Father-in-law Tom treated me to a guided fly fishing tour. Here is a picture of me and the guide Brendan. He was really cool and lots of fun. Here are 10 surprising things I have learned about fly fishing.

1)Even though the waders are UGLY- everyone else looks ugly too.
2)Polarized sunglasses really do help you see the fish in the water.
3)I am better casting right handed than left (surprising seeing how I am left handed)
4)Fly line can be girly- Tom bought me peach colored fly line.
5)There is a magic powder you can used to help your flies float on the water better.
6)It is kind of weird standing in water and being totally dry.
7)I am pretty nimble when maneuvering over river rocks.
8)The water wasn't as cold as I thought.
9)While this is a sport- it is actually very relaxing.
10)You don't have to catch a fish to have fun fly fishing.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Even though I hate fishing, I am totally loving seeing your adventures with it. Great list! Peach-colored line... who knew?!?!

Anonymous said...

very informative! I'm glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

so does that mean someone did not catch a fish?

Sandy D. said...

You are correct to assume that no fish were caught today. There were a few bited though.