Sunday, October 16, 2011

New York Wedding Weekend

On the weekend of September 24th, we were in New York for a wedding for Mr. D.'s cousin.   We were only in New York for around 28 hours.  Talk about a whirlwind.  Shelby was MISERABLE! She didn't sleep well the night before the trip and got very little rest along the way.   Now I know a new tooth was working it's way in... her first MOLAR!  I think she cried more in that 28 hours than she has in the last 28 weeks.   It made me sad because no one in Mr. D.'s family got to see her amazing little personality.  You can read Meredith's weekend recap here and see some FABULOUS pictures of my cute nephew Henry.

Meredith and I spent countless hours coordinating these outfits.... 
now if only we could have gotten a better picture...
 The beautiful bride! 
 A moment of content- cocktail hour at the wedding.  Shelby enjoyed a crackers and diluted cranberry juice. 
Shelby was in a great mood here.  Henry taught her to RUN at the morning after brunch.  
 Here is an artsy kind of photo I took.  I love it. 
I call this the post brunch pass out. Aren't the lucky shoes fabulous! 
One funny thing I have to tell you about the whirlwind time in New York is about the 90 year old Nana Bea.    She made a comment about how taken Shelby was with Henry.  Then she said "I remember the last time I saw them together Shelby didn't really want to have anything to do with him."  Here is a picture of them together the last time the Nana Bea saw them together. 
   Shelby was only 3 months old.     I am glad she has "come around" to wanting to play with Henry! Haha.  We thought this was so funny!