Friday, August 19, 2011

2 birthday parties, 3 sick family members and the first week of school


Wow- have we been in a whirlwind here at our house. Since August 1st, Shelbs and I went to North Carolina and Mr. D. has been to Florida and Missouri. On top of that we had Shelby's actual birthday and then her fabulous first birthday party 2 days later with 19 children guest and 35 grown-up guest. After that everyone in my house managed to come down with separate illnesses.. and it was the first week of school. Are you exhausted from reading this already?

Let's see-- SCHOOL! I have definitely had the most wonderful first week of school EVER. For those who do not know, I teach at a Montessori School. I teach in a multi-age classroom with ages 2 1/2 to 6. I teach the children until they go to first grade. It is wonderful and extremely fulfilling. I am a strong believer in the Montessori Method and Shelby will be beginning her Montessori Education very very soon. That being said, this year I had mostly return students. It makes a huge difference. The new students I have are so precious! I could not have hand picked a better group of children. It has been such an easy and successful week. I am so pleased.

Sickness---- I had a sinus infection. Mr. D. had a little 24/48 hour bug on Monday - probably something he picked up on the plane. On Wednesday night, Shelby had stomach issues and vomited for the second time in her life. We are all 100% better as I type this post.

But, sandwiched in between all of the travel, right before the sicknesses and the first week of school-- we celebrated the birth of Shelby. My friend said Shelby's birthday was "four bakeries in the making" and she was 100% correct-- we used four different bakeries! I will blog the party details over the weekend. Shelby's Ice Cream themed party was so cute and fun. Until then I will leave you with another adorable photo from Shelby's birthday cake smash....

.... and birthday party cake smash....


No comments: