Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mama's Baby likes to save some money


Cute pic huh?? Now imagine only seconds later when I am desperately trying to get the dollar off Cheerios coupon out of her hand and mouth. This kid has go-go-gadget arms and can reach anything in a blink of an eye. Anyway, like many others I have decided to try my hand at couponing. I mean how hard can it be to clip the coupon, take it to the store and give it to the cashier. I DO NOT want to be like the people on TLC's Extreme Couponing who have racks and racks of supplies. I simply want to save a few bucks on items we already use. I am also trying to be more vigilant of the sales in my area as well.

Friday night, Shelby and I went on our first couponing adventure armed with coupons for gum, Mr. D.'s razors, diapers, wipes and formula. Total savings: $16.60. Not bad for stuff we needed.

Yesterday, I noticed that ToysRUs had Shelby's Earth's Best Baby Food on Sale 20 jars for $10 on stages 1 and 2 and 10 jars for $10 on stage 3 foods. So on the way home from work I stopped in. It was fairly picked over but I was able to get 20 stage 1/2 and 10 stage 3. Then, while I was there I noticed that the Little Tikes toys were buy one got one free. So..... Shelby also got this
And this too.....

The total savings there was $34.98. Later I stopped to return the Redbox movies and ran in to the store and used a $5 off Similac coupon. I have several Similac coupons but you can only use one per transaction so anytime I am at the store I go and buy just one. With the coupon I get the quart of formula for only 50 cents. So far I have saved a total of $56.58 and I haven't even been grocery shopping yet! I will keep you all posted on how my couponing is going!

No comments: