Sunday, October 21, 2007

pumpkin carving 101

Luckily, there were pumpkins just waiting for us to carve once I arrived. Donovan was really in to it-- until he found out that you actually had to stick your had in the pumpkin. Then he freaked out. My mom told him to close his eyes and while they were closed- she shoved his hand into the pumpkin. It was so funny! He couldn't get his hands washed fast enough.
He warmed up to the idea later and agreed to scoop some "guts" out with a scooper. However, he left most of the squishy work to his sweet Auntie Sandy. I didn't mind. I loved every minute of spending time with him. He chose bats for his pumpkin and chose a cat for Kaleigh's. Things got a little silly at times. It was a blast!

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

oooh, spooky!

Meredith said...

I'm tickled pink that you had such a wonderful time! :-)