Friday, October 12, 2007

my masterpiece

Tonight, J-Love and I went to paint... no, not pottery- but an actual painting. We have discovered a wonderful place where you can go and they teach you how to paint a picture. We looked on the calendar and chose the "Funky Tree and Flowers" painting. We started by putting on our aprons and getting our paint.

We started with the blank canvas and quickly added background colors as instructed. Here is Julie working on her background.

Here is a picture of my background.

Then we had to draw our trees in pencil and fill them in with black paint. Here is Julie's tree.

Here is my tree.

We had to take several breaks to let things dry. Afterwards we were instructed to draw the flowers and then the rest was up to us. Now- the moment you have all been waiting for... here we are with our masterpieces!

I can hardly wait to go again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make it look so easy!! I am so jealous that both of you have the ability to do that---mine would be a mess!!!

Anonymous said...

wow!!!! how wonderful...where are you hanging the painting? with the colors I think you will have many choices in your home.....(or mine)

Meredith said...

WOW! That is really awesome - both the place and the paintings are cool!

Tiffani said...

how fun! We'll have to find another fun painting! I'm so sad I was out of town this weekend!

The Dales said...

Very cool place! I would love that and yours looks FABULOUS!