Thursday, February 5, 2009

can you draw this?

I know that you have all seen that little ad in a magazine that has a turtle or a pirate. You know the one that if you can draw it you can get into an art school. Well anyway we had a little something like that happen at school today. We were on our lunch/nap time and I proposed we have a little fun. Kate is an artist- a real artist with an art degree. She drew a poster for our class today so that the kids could vote one what type of chili we would be making for the chili cook off at our school. Anyway-- long story short... I challenged that Erika, Leah and I all try to draw a little pig to see if we would be accepted into Kate's fictitional art school. Here is what we were drawing.






Here are a few pics of us at work on our masterpieces. This is Erika. This is Leah. Here I am. Now before you see our work- I must explain that I was on the opposite side of the table from Leah and Erika, therefore I was looking at the piggie upside down as I was drawing. We laughed and laughed when we realized that my piggie was backwards.

Here are the results.

From left to right, Erika's then Kate's then Leah's. Mine is the backwards piggie on the bottom.

There were no winners- because after all- how can you win an entry into a school that doesn't exist! Still we had FUN!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok you can try to use the I was on the other side of the table and that is why mine is reverse if you want to! I know what really happened! This is the left handed version of the pig of course!