Saturday, February 21, 2009

I hate pork tenderloin

I hate pork tenderloin- and I mean I really hate it. I have tried a million different recipes and it just always taste blah to me. I can never get excited about pork tenderloin. So when we went to Costco a while back and picked up a 6 lb pork tenderloin for $9- I was a little less than excited. I cut it into 3 different sections and sealed it up with my food saver and vowed to try 3 new recipes. Last night was the first attempt. I had no hope on a good dinner going into it. In fact, I ate a snack at 5 o'clock so that I wouldn't be starving and disappointed. Well- this recipe was fast, easy and did not disappoint at all. It was the first time I ACTUALLY liked pork tenderloin. Here is the recipe.

bacon wrapped pork with peppers and potatoes
(of course, we had to do without the peppers because Mr. D. is sensitive to them)

1 package of Ore-ida Potatoes O'Brien (potatoes with onions and peppers)
4 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of olive oil
3 tablespoons of water
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 pork tenderloin
3 bacon slices cut in half
1/3 cup of light mayonnaise
2 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of bottled chopped garlic

Arrange over racks on bottom 2 slots in the oven. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a 15x10x1 jelly roll pan and a small roasting pan with cooking spray.

In a bowl whisk 1 tablespoon of mustard, oil, 1 tablespoon water, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and toss. Spread in jelly roll pan.

Spread 1 tablespoon of mustard over the pork. Arrange bacon over the top in strips spacing slightly apart. Place in roasting pan.

Place pans in oven with potatoes on bottom rack and pork above. Roast in the 450 degree oven. Check the pork after 20 minutes. If the internal temperature if 150 degrees, take it out. If not, leave it in for another 5-10 minutes.

While the potatoes and pork are roasting, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl mix remaining 2 tablespoons of mustard, 2 tablespoons of water, mayo, vinegar, and garlic.

Toss the potatoes, thinly slice the pork and serve with sauce. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

The Dales said...

Yes I got the Large Bar Pan in stoneware. I hear cooking bacon on it in the oven tastes just like frying it with out all the mess! YESS!!!!!!!!! Oh, and a few gadgets too, of course!!