Saturday, January 24, 2009
gardening class
Today, I took my first of 5 gardening classes. I was asked to be on a committee at my school to plan gardens for the school and implement gardening into the classroom studies. I am not sure I am exactly the correct person for the job- but I am willing to try. I mean, technically, I have gardening in my blood. I come from a family who gardened. I am not opposed to the idea. I even have a pair of gardening clogs. I have a garden bed outside just waiting for me to actually plant something in it. I should be fine. Today's class was fun. We went to a community garden in the beginning stages. I learned more than I ever wanted to know about soil, manure and composting. So, just know dear readers- you may be reading more and more about gardening on this blog. Hopefully, I inherited some sort of green thumb. I am starting my compost pile at home tomorrow and planning my bed. I will try to take a picture of the bed tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait to hear more.
Post a Comment