It is Meghan's birthday. I told her I would cook her anything she wanted for dinner. She chose shrimp taco salads.

They were DE-licious!! Meghan even said she liked it better than Cozumel... but I think she was being nice. They were good though!
For those of you who may not know- Mr. D. is somewhat of a cake snob. He only likes to eat yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I was making Meghan a sour cream cake with cream cheese frosting. Since I knew Mr. D. would fuss- I came up with a brilliant solution.

I made half of the cake sour cream with cream cheese frosting and half of the cake yellow with chocolate frosting. The sour cream cake called for a white cake mix and egg whites. I made the recipe and filled one 8 inch round pan. Then I added in the yolks to the remaining batter making the cake into a yellow cake and filled the other 8 inch round pan. I cooked the cakes, and sliced them in half- making to totally different halves of the cake. Everyone was happy- and no matter which side you ate from- the cake was great! I of course- added the empty egg shells to the compost pile.
So, happy birthday Meghan. Have an awesome 25!!!
2 comments:
You are so accommodating!
That is my Sandy....you are always trying to please everyone! let me know when you make the m&m cake
Post a Comment