Thursday, January 1, 2009

OK- I will admit I am a big baby

So yesterday, I was hopping around on the Internet and happened upon this blog entry. I do not know these people or their dog, but I cried and cried over reading it. I feel so bad for this family! Later in the day, Mr. D. suggested we go see Marley and Me after dinner. This being our first year in 4 not to go to Hats and Horns, we didn't have solid plans. All we knew was we were NOT starting 2009 in the same way as 08 in a hope to change the luck. Anyway, I said to him "go on the Internet and check- if I have to see the dog actually die- we aren't going". He came back to me a while later and said- "no, it just goes to the vet and then they show highlights of it's life". I reluctantly agreed- but warned everyone involved that I was upset about the dog dying before we even got there. I was nervous about it all through dinner. I was nervous about it all during the ride to the theater. I was nervous about it all through the movie. I loved the movie for the most part. I laugh and laughed. I guess every lab is the same and it reminded me so much of Brady. Parts of their life reminded me of parts of our life. The movie was sweet- and sappy and all the good things good movie have. Then it happened- everything I didn't want to see was right there in front of me. I cried and cried and cried-- and I wasn't alone. When I came home Brady licked every dried tear off of my face. He was my first kiss of the new year!

No comments: